*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057305-Unlucky-Anything
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1057305 added October 13, 2023 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
Unlucky Anything?
Prompt:
Friday, the 13th and a Solar Eclipse on Saturday. Are you superstitious? If you think Friday the 13th is scary, try hanging out with me when I've been without coffee.
Did you know Friday the 13th combines two taboos that come from the bible, accord to Stevens. Based on the story of the Last Supper of Jesus, 13 people were seated at the table and it happened on a Thursday. He was arrested that evening, and crucified the next day, on a Friday. "So 13 is associated with that terrible event.
How do you feel about the number 13? Or is it just another day to you?


==============

Nope, I don't believe in the "unlucky" anything. After all, I now have an old finicky black cat I love so much.

The idea of the "unlucky" happens because if anything seems to be unlucky, it is because our minds have made it so. What we think we make happen because, as the creatures of this universe, we do have certain powers, some unbeknownst to ourselves, and I think quantum physics is on the way to discovering this very fact.

Many bad things may take place on any other day in life, regardless of the number attached to the day. Come to think of it, numbering the days and the months is a human thing and it isn't there in nature, even if nature may work on a set schedule.

As to the fear of Friday the 13th, this fear is not based on any scientific evidence. In reality, the chances of experiencing misfortune on this particular day are no greater than on any other day of the year. It's a superstition, perpetuated by badly interpreted religious traditions and cultural beliefs.

I certainly believe that, while it's essential to respect people's beliefs, it's equally crucial to remember that such superstitions are not rooted in concrete evidence and should not govern our decisions or actions. After all, luck, or the lack of it, often depends on one's perspective and attitude rather than specific dates on the calendar.

By the way, Lyn's a sly fox , your "If you think Friday the 13th is scary, try hanging out with me when I've been without coffee," made me spurt out my own coffee. *Wink* *Rolling*


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057305-Unlucky-Anything