*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057420-A-Scriptwriting-Update
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1057420 added October 14, 2023 at 11:51pm
Restrictions: None
A Scriptwriting Update
A Scriptwriting Update


My Water Wars scriptwriting project is going very well. I have finished the single paragraph Story and Scene Outlines for my two-part Movie Introduction and the first four episodes for the television series that resulted from that Movie Introduction. I’ve also finished The Scripts for this Movie Introduction.

I have already started The Script for Episode One, Some of the Adults. Just finished the Teaser Act and have started in Act One. Unfortunately, I didn’t get as many single paragraphs written earlier today than I did last Saturday. At least I don’t think that I did. I may have, but I don’t think I did. Would need to look that up.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the time to do that right now. I don’t think I did. Whether I did or not, I only got sixty-three single paragraphs written earlier today at work. That includes three Establishing Shots single paragraphs. I also got nineteen scenes written. That may be the same as last Saturday, but I don’t think so.

For some reason, I think that I did twenty scenes last Saturday, but I may be wrong about that. Once again, I would have to check that out, and I don’t have the time to do it. Whether it was nineteen or twenty, I think that nineteen is a very good scene number. Especially, considering what I had to do to get that many.

Earlier today at work wasn’t too good for me. I was feeling weak and tired all day today. Probably fighting to get another cold because of where I work at. Also had some employees who came in to work today. That’s not unusual. I often have a few employees show up on the weekend, but these workers needed to be let in and out of the building.

Because of the way I was feeling and the extra workers coming into work earlier today, I’m kind of surprised that I have gotten sixty-three single paragraphs and nineteen scenes written today. maybe it could have been a little bit better, but I think sixty-three and nineteen are very good. Especially, under the work circumstances.

I did notice one think that I’m going to need to fix after I finish writing these scripts. That’s the Outlines for these scripts. It’s not that I need to do a complete rewrite of my Scene Outlines, probably my Story Outlines too, but I will need to do some updating of them. I’m not going to do that until I finish the scripts, though.

What’s wrong with my Outlines. They are too generic. It’s more telling that it is showing. I have done some showing, but most of my single paragraphs for my Scene Outlines have been telling instead of showing. They also need more detail in them. That’s the generic part of them. I do have a very bad habit of do this that I need to correct.

Probably will need to rewrite the Story Outlines too. If I remember correctly, there was a lot of showing in them, but since they are based of the Scene Outlines, they will probably need to be rewritten too. If any Story or Scene Outlines need to be rewritten, I’m not going to do them until I finish writing the scripts.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057420-A-Scriptwriting-Update