*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057505
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #2306603
Misadventures of a pocket sized dragon.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1057505 added October 20, 2023 at 2:58pm
Restrictions: None
The Storm
I was still relatively newly hatched at around 50 years old. As a pocket dragon I had finished growing once I had hit 5 inches in length. I had just attended my naming ceremony & now proudly carried my new name, Spark. I was flying back to my den & as usual the humans chalked off my sighting to that of a small bug. I mean a bug, seriously?! I suppose I should be grateful that I wasn't as noticeable as the larger of my kind but still... Anyways the wind was picking up & it was starting to rain. I strained to make it across the field to shelter, but to no avail. My wings were too tired & the storm too strong. I was flung blindly about as I was became unconscious. After some length of time I awoke. I was bruised, battered, & beaten, but I was alive. There was a fireplace crackling in the corner, the storm still raged outside. A figure loomed above me. It spoke, "So you are finally awake."
© Copyright 2023 Massive Friendly Derg (UN: dragondawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Massive Friendly Derg has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057505