*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057536-Oct-2023-prep-day-10
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2251563
Rising Star blog
#1057536 added October 16, 2023 at 10:37pm
Restrictions: None
Oct 2023 prep day 10
Oct. 10: - Plot: Rising Action (How does the story get to the climax?) ▼
Review your notes from the "Premise" and "Beginning" plot exercises, and tweak the conflict(s) and inciting incident as needed before proceeding with the "Rising Action" plot exercise, as follows:

(1) Describe any initial refusals on the part of your protagonist(s) to face the conflict.
(2) Describe the moment when your protagonist(s) makes the choice to face the conflict.
(3) Describe the moment when your protagonist(s) crosses the point of no return and cannot change their mind.
(4) Fill in some of the blanks: How will your characters get from the point of no return to the climax?


1. Randy says he didn't kill the sheriff when he is accused on the street.

2. When the deputy attempts to arrest him, he decides flee.

3. The moment Randy is accused and decides to go on the run is pretty much the moment of no return.

4. Randy will ride from town to town, staying in some for a while until his identity is compromised. He will have some close calls with getting caught, and he will have some allies along the way too. The biggest part of the story will be his life on the run. He will work various jobs to get a little honest cash. He will be helped by outlaws and spend some nights out under the stars. I intend to keep the readers interest by building suspense while he is on the run. In the end, he will get caught and go to trial. The climax will happen at the trial where he is finally proven innocent.



a signature image created for Marvelous Friend

© Copyright 2023 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057536-Oct-2023-prep-day-10