*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057583-Hamburger-Veggie-Soup
Rated: E · Book · Food/Cooking · #2304709
A tasty collection of delicious, quick meals
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1057583 added October 17, 2023 at 5:00pm
Restrictions: None
Hamburger Veggie Soup

Recipe for blog


It is that time of year again and I just couldn't resist making a pot of veggie soup. This is a fantastic way to clean out that crisper and freezer! For this soup, anything goes. Many people call it Hobo soup. I've heard it called Harvest soup too.

I had some ground beef that I needed to use up. So in a skillet, I browned it with one large onion diced and four garlic cloves.

In my large soup pot, I added about six well-scrubbed potatoes and did not peel them. Diced into bite size chunks.

half a pound of baby carrots
4 ribs of celery diced up
1 small bag of frozen corn
1 small bag mixed veggies
1 CAN of kidney beans
half a bag of kale...that needed used up
half a bag of angel hair cabbage
more minced garlic
1 packet of onion soup mix
3 tablespoons of beef Boullion
1 can pasta sauce
 

Pour all of that into your soup pot and bring to a simmer. Add your ground meat....you can use ANY kind of meat you have...I just needed to use ground beef.
Taste and add salt/pepper as needed. You can use ANY kind of veggie you have and want to toss in. It is a fun soup to let your kids pick any veggie to put into the pot. I'm not a fan of mixing different types of meat, but I have seen others mix and match their meats as well....any time of pasta or rice would be a great addition to this soup as well.

I let it simmer about 45 minutes since I'd added some frozen stuff...but if you use only canned, you can shorten the time, and if you use fresh raw items, you may need to simmer longer until the veggies are tender.

I served this with unsalted saltine crackers and honey Camomile tea. Even the dogs loved and ate this soup! The cat, not so much.
© Copyright 2023 Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love (UN: wordgeek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shadow Prowler-Spreading Love has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057583-Hamburger-Veggie-Soup