*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057624-Dark-Shadows
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1057624 added October 18, 2023 at 12:06pm
Restrictions: None
Dark Shadows
Prompt: Lara Parker, Angelique, The Witch From The Original Dark Shadows has died. I am saddened by this news. Write about Dark Shadows for your Blog Entry today.

----------

This prompt caught me unawares and I smiled. I really don't know who Lara Parker, Angelique is, but I'm sorry she has passed away.

As to Dark Shadows, that show and I go far back to its initial showing on Channel 7 ABC on the NY TVs during the late 1960s or was it the early 1970s, I can't exactly tell. I started watching it every day and I liked it quite a bit, then. In the beginning it was like every other TV Soap, and those who watched it, me included, thought it was about regular people. But after about six months or so, it turned dark, and somewhat suddenly. And Barnabas became the talk of the town and I felt for him because he was unlucky in the beginning and had turned so horrific later. The show was a true horror and melodrama intertwined. When, for me, it lost its footing for not having a good-enough plot, I stopped watching it and the show was taken off the air, soon after that.

Many years later, I heard it was back on and had been made into a film, too. Those who watch it say that besides the gothic horror and the supernatural, the show's serialized storytelling also includes time travel. I don't watch TV regularly anymore and I haven't for years now. But I do remember the first year of the introduction of "Dark Shadows," which has probably become a landmark in TV history.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057624-Dark-Shadows