*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057669-When-a-Bad-Mood-Appears
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1057669 added October 19, 2023 at 10:33am
Restrictions: None
When a Bad Mood Appears...
Prompt: How do you shake off a bad mood?

---------

Aren't bad moods a natural part of life? Well, yes, but who says they have to linger, and worse yet, why should they move in with us, permanently!

To ward off one, my main remedy is to keep busy. The harder the mood, the more complicated I make the chores that I pick to involve my mind. Any kind of activity could do. It could be physical or mental. In my case, distracting and involving my attention works the best, like losing myself in a good book.

Some people suggest to breathe deeply. Any type of breathing exercises do not work for me. When I interfere with my own breathing, I end up coughing or worse yet, I get an asthma attack.

Connecting with someone else may help also, but only sometimes, for I have to be careful not to inject my bad mood in a friend.

I guess, listening to music, counting our blessings, meditation, and going outdoors might help, too. Yet, if the mood persists, accepting those icky feelings as natural, stepping away from the source of the bad mood if one knows what that source is, journaling, and seeking professional help could also be considered. As I said in the second paragraph, however, for me, keeping my mind occupied until the mood passes helps me the best.


-

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057669-When-a-Bad-Mood-Appears