*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057768-One-More-Scene-One-Less-Single-Paragraph
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1057768 added October 20, 2023 at 10:54pm
Restrictions: None
One More Scene, One Less Single Paragraph
One More Scene, One
Less Single Paragraph


Yesterday, I wrote thirty-six single paragraphs and ten scenes at work. Today I did one better in one aspect and one less in the other. The one better was the number of scenes I got written earlier today at work, and the one less was the number of single paragraphs I wrote today.

Put them all together and I wrote eleven scenes earlier today at work and thirty-five single paragraphs. I think that’s very well writing. Especially, considering what happened to me at work. It wasn’t a typical Friday morning at work earlier today.

It started out a little bit slow. I didn’t get started with my writing until about twenty minutes after I started my shift at midnight. Except for that, everything was going okay until about five A.M. That’s when the workers started coming into the building where I’m posted.

Some of the workers needed my help. That took away some time away from my writing. It wasn’t a lot of time, but it did affect my working on the first episode, Some of the Adults, of my Water Wars scriptwriting project. overall, I only had about four and a half hours to do my writing.

Between my rounds, watching the cameras, and helping workers, I only got about four and a half hours to work on this project. that’s just a little over two scenes per hour and about seven to eight single paragraphs per hour. Personally, I think that is great.

Is it me, or am I getting better every day and week that I’m working on this project? When I first started writing these scripts, I was hoping to get about five scenes done per day and about fifteen single sentences. Right from the start I almost doubled that.

I average about eight to eleven scenes per weekday aka Thursday and Friday mornings. Eighteen to twenty-one on Saturday and Sunday mornings. My average has been around ten on the weekdays and about twenty on the weekends per day. Double what I expected to get done.

Sometimes it’s a little bit more than ten and twenty scenes, and sometimes it’s a little bit less, but mostly it’s ten scenes for the weekday and twenty for the weekend. So far, this week it has been that way. I hope that it remains true now that the weekend is about to be upon me.

The same is true about my single paragraphs. if I remember correctly, I started out at about twenty-eight single paragraphs when I first started writing these scripts. Now it’s about thirty-two to thirty-six. Sometimes it’s a little bit more, but it’s usually not any less.




© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057768-One-More-Scene-One-Less-Single-Paragraph