*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057857-Late-in-the-day
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1057857 added October 22, 2023 at 7:01pm
Restrictions: None
Late in the day
It is late in the day but here I am again. I couldn't sleep last night. I woke up in the wee hours and could not get back to sleep, not sure why. The shoulder is starting to feel a bit better now and I was able to pick up my camera with the left hand. It's a bit heavy but I was able to do it. I'll have to work on it this week. Since I'm hoping to go out with camera next weekend, I need to be sure I can handle it. I have a battery grip on it which holds a second battery. It does make it quite a bit heavier but I'm so used to having one that I'd be lost without it, the camera just wouldn't feel right. I was thinking back and way back with my original slr, I had a motor drive to advance the film and then when I moved into digital I've always had it for the second battery. I've never really needed it but now it's ingrained into my brain.


I signed up for "Project Healing Waters" today. This is a program for disabled veterans to teach them fly fishing. They cover how to fly fish, rod building and fly tying. And it is free. This will help get me out of the house a bit more often and hopefully get me into some nice fishing situations. Plus I'll take my camera along in hopes of snapping a few images and even better, it should give me more material to write about. Win-win all around.


I got in contact with someone up in the neighborhood of the Blueridge area as far as finding areas for catching leaves for photography and in the prime area to catch some of the elk that are ending their rut. I've been seeing photos of some nice big bulls with big sets of antlers. Since it is about a 5 hour drive for me, I plan on leaving Friday late morning, then staying Friday night and Saturday night. That gives me opportunity to catch elk in the early morning when they hopefully come out of the woods. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm able to have a successful trip.


I think this is probably a wrap for the day, much to be done yet.

© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057857-Late-in-the-day