*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058128-Despite-the-Heat-of-the-Night
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1058128 added October 26, 2023 at 11:16pm
Restrictions: None
Despite the Heat of the Night
Despite the Heat of the Night


When I went to work last night just before midnight to start my Thursday morning shift, I was feeling terrible. On the verge of sickness. If I wasn’t already sick. I don’t think I had a fever. Not even a slight one, but I was weak and tired like I was already sick. It couldn’t get any worse than that, right? Only it did.

After I got to work, I found out there was no heat in the building where I work. Especially, where I spend most of my time there. It got a little bit warmer when I was on my rounds. So, that told me there was heat in the building. Just not where I am the most of my shift.

I did have a couple of fans that I could use to keep cool, and one of them helped a little bit. Wasn’t totally uncomfortable with it on. The other one was very bad for my writing. It did keep me kind of cooled off, but it kept blowing my paper around. That was hard for me to write when I had to keep getting my paper back under control.

The one that did cool me off a little bit wasn’t much better when it came to my writing. It too wanted to blow my paper around. Just not as much, and I could control it better. It’s a small tabletop fan that can be used for heating and cooling, and it’s adjustable in positioning.

What I mean by adjustable was that I could angle it away from my paper. It didn’t hit me straight on, but it did enough to keep me cool down a little bit. The only other alternative I had was to keep the doors open all night and let the cool of the night come in. That’s what they supposedly did all day yesterday.

At least that is what they said did yesterday. Maybe even the whole week or the last few days. I doubt that happened, but I can’t prove it because I wasn’t there. that may or may not be true. It’s probably the latter. Of course, once again, I can’t prove it.

Despite me being sick or getting sick and the heat where I work, I still got thirty-seven single paragraphs written and eleven scenes. That’s very good considering where it happened and how I was feeling. I know that I have gotten eleven scenes before, but not sure about the thirty-seven. It may be a new record for me on a weekday.

I know that I have written thirty-six single paragraphs in one weekday, but I’m not sure if I have done more than that. For some reason, I think that I got forty single paragraphs written on a weekday, but the only way to know that for sure is to do some checking my back blog entries.

Don’t have the time to do that right now. It doesn’t really matter if it’s a new record or not. What does matter is that I got that many done in one day considering the circumstances at work and the way I was feeling. To me, that’s great writing. Especially, since it’s Act Three of Episode One, Some of the Adults.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058128-Despite-the-Heat-of-the-Night