*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058207-Day-27---Protagonist-Interview
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2305610
Plotting a novel from scratch for a change of pace. Should be fun.
#1058207 added October 28, 2023 at 1:29pm
Restrictions: None
Day 27 - Protagonist Interview
Well unless you've been living in a dark entry these last few days, you'll have heard about the exploits of Dave, Jim and Richard, the lottery winning heroes who thwarted a bank robbery in Llandudno. I caught up with them in their hotel just before they departed for their next adventure.

I asked Dave, the 'self styled' leader of the trio what had prompted them to stage their 'un-robbery'. He replied that he'd recently been told, erroneously as it turned out, that he'd only got so long to live, and that as part of his bucket list he'd wanted to stage a bank robbery. Being honest decent citizens they obviously weren't going to do a real robbery, so they hit on the idea of an un-robbery, apparently taking the idea of an un-birthday from Alice in Wonderland, and putting their own spin on it.

Jim, took up the story, and said that whilst he'd been walking Montmorency about the town he'd hit on the idea of imagining conversations with the wood statues of Alice in Wonderland characters that are a feature of the seaside town. From this he'd coined the term for their parody of robbery. We were dressed like the sort of criminal that you used to see in comics, even down to the swag bags and the stripey shirts.

"We wanted to use that line from Pulp Fiction." Added Richard, who was sitting by the seaqview window with his girlfriend Maddy. "You know the one that goes 'Everybody be cool this is a robbery."

"Except we added the word 'not', just to make it clear we were faking it" Added Dave.

I turned to Richard, and asked him about his girlfriend Maddy. They had met during the trio's two week holiday, though Maddy was to begin with in a relationship with Paul Probert, one of three man arrested for an actual robbery of the same bank. He remains in custody, and Richard and Maddy plan to get married once Richard's divorce can be arranged.

As well as the wedding the four of them are about to embark on a new adventure, as Dave, Jim and Richard have won a lottery prize for the second time in a month. "We aren't millionaires," Jim tells us, "but we have won enough to think seriously about early retirement, and we're going on another holiday, this time abroad. Maddy and Montmorency are naturally accompanying them.

© Copyright 2023 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058207-Day-27---Protagonist-Interview