*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058250-Day-28---Plot-Background-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2305610
Plotting a novel from scratch for a change of pace. Should be fun.
#1058250 added October 29, 2023 at 1:40pm
Restrictions: None
Day 28 - Plot Background Story
"How much?"

"Nine thousand and 56 pounds and 27 pence."

"That's with five numbers?"

"Yes."

"Ruddy hell. Not quite millionaires lads, but I feel rich don't you?"

"That's about three grand each."

"Very nice."

"What shall we do with it."

"I do have a suggestion as it happens lads." Said Dave, "What say we take a nice holiday together, have a blow out?"

"Somewhere sunny?"

"Not Spain?" Richard held Spain in destain, ever since he'd had a fortnight with sunburn and diarrhoea.

"No, not Spain, I was thinking maybe somewhere exotic, you know foreign like, where they speak foreign." Said Dave.

"Arr! and eat funny foreign muck what gives you a gippy tummy for weeks on end."

"Not that sort of foreign."

Jim thought about it and then started laughing. Dave smirked and they looked at Richard.

"What?" Richard hadn't caught on.

"He means Llandudno." Said Jim, "Where they speak foreign like, you know Llanfairpwllgwyngyll." Jim was actually able to pronounce this properly, it was his party piece."

Richard laughed.

"You daft bugger." he chided Dave gently.

"We could have a really good holiday in Llandudno with that much money, and have plenty left over I reckon." Jim observed.

"Two weeks." Said Dave. They had only ever stayed a week before.

"I don't know about that." Richard said, "I mean I'd have to square it with Gemma, and she's not likely to be happy about me swanning off for a fortnight."

"I've thought of that," said Dave, grinning, "what you do is you offer to pay for her and her sister to spend the same fortnight at one of them luxury spas. You know she'll be up for that."

"Bloody hell, I'd have nowt left if I did that." Exclaimed Richard.

"Cost less than you think, and besides, it can come out of the nine grand before we split it." He looked at Jim, who nodded his agreement. They both knew how awkward Gemma could be, and Dave's plan would likely nip any argument in the bud.

So the holiday was agreed upon, after consulting about possible dates, Jim was detailed to make bookings. Dave was well satisfied. He hoped. Hoped, it would make telling them he was dying that little bit easier.
© Copyright 2023 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058250-Day-28---Plot-Background-Story