*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058241-Post-Op-News
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1058241 added October 29, 2023 at 11:04am
Restrictions: None
Post-Op News


Someone asked for an update on my surgery. Well, it's been a bit busy here with OctoPrep and all. But I am still here.

Surgery on my knee took less than 1/2 hour. The surgeon said he was amazed that I didn't complain more about pain. Seems the meniscus was in worse shape than expected. But the repair was done, and I recovered just fine in the recovery area. A nurse stood by me the entire time as I was given Fentanyl for pain. She watched my blood pressure and heart rate. I always run low in those two metrics, and Fentanyl is a dangerous but effective pain killer. Once everyone was satisfied with my post-op stats, they released me. I walked out on my own, well, that is with the arm of a nurse.

We stayed overnight in Billings, as hubby had an early AM appointment. The night was uneventful, no real horrible pain. In fact, there has never been any really bad pain. It hurts less than before. A good sign!

I've already done physical therapy and am scheduled for many more times there. I have restarted my walking around town. So far, about 1/2 mile with no pain. That's good, since walking really adds to my mental health. I've missed being able to walk without pain.

There has been drama about an event in our town, the Christmas Stroll. Vendors can purchase spaces to hawk their wares. There are only 5 places that will take vendors. I am the treasurer for the Chamber of Commerce, which sponsors the event. A lady who was to coordinate the vendors suddenly backed out when I wouldn't budge on slipping her vendor forms in ahead of others. She'd been holding on to them for 2 weeks then suddenly wants me to insert them in the queue. I refused, telling her she'd have to get the entire Chamber to okay that decision. Then I would abide by whatever they chose. She chose to quit that responsibility. Ah, drama.

I've also been helping with OctoPrep. I'm the head cheerleader. We're down one person in that 'department', so things are a bit busier than last year. But writers are getting into position to finish soon.




© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058241-Post-Op-News