*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058427-Magical
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1058427 added November 1, 2023 at 10:06am
Restrictions: None
Magical!
Prompt: Write about a magical pumpkin that comes to life.

----------

Her dress was made of a pumpkin's green vine's leaves, and her wings glistened like dewdrops in the morning sun. She had bright, twinkling eyes that held the wisdom of ages and a mischievous smile that hinted at her magical nature. She was Pumpkinella, the magical pumpkin fairy.

Pumpkinella had first come to life eons ago, emerging from a pumpkin. And during the night, after the sun set before the Pumpkin Day when the pumpkin patch was bathed in shimmering light, a chosen pumpkin had begun to shake and quiver. Then, it had opened up and its insides slowly had changed into this tiny enchanting creature.

Just like in the beginning, this year, too, the most splendid pumpkin was an enormous, radiant orange pumpkin with swirling patterns that seemed to dance under the moonlight. Its surface was smooth, and it emitted a soft, warm glow that bathed the entire patch in a gentle, golden light. It is no wonder that only from this special pumpkin, the fairy Pumpkinella finally appeared with the wisdom of ages twinkling in her eyes.

Now, finally in her fairy form again, Pumpkinella flew into the moonlit night to explore the village, her laughter of joy tinkling like windchimes in the breeze. She sprinkled stardust on the villagers' homes, making their dreams sweet and happy. She even played little pranks, turning pumpkins into mini carriages and mice into horses, bringing wonder and whimsy to the village. And why not? Of course, she could. After all who says that only Cinderella's fairy godmother can perform such magic!

The next day, when the festival began, the villagers in the town square marveled at the enchanted pumpkins and rejoiced as Pumpkinella watched from the shadow of an elm tree, feeling the happiness of the people in her tiny magical bones.

Unfortunately, her time of fun was limited and she knew it. When the first rays of the setting sun touched the pumpkin patch, she felt the pull of her pumpkin form, and she fluttered back to her radiant pumpkin to merge her pumpkin vine dress with this pumpkin's surface.

Later, when the sun dipped below the horizon and the pumpkin patch was once again bathed in a magical light, Pumpkinella transformed back into this pumpkin, to stay hidden with her secret until the next year when she'd be born again maybe from a different pumpkin, then.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058427-Magical