*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058629-Cookie-Monster-and-Cookies
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1058629 added November 2, 2023 at 12:25pm
Restrictions: None
Cookie Monster and Cookies
Prompt: Cookie Monster Day is today Write about your favorite Muppets or write about cookies or both for your Blog entry today.

------------------

I missed all the fun! I was too old for Sesame Street!

When Sesame Street came about, I was already married and had a child. In fact, my older son became a Sesame Street afficionado even before he could speak. He had an indoor baby swing for babies we had placed across from the TV. He sat inside that swing, wearing a diaper with his legs dangling from the seat's holes, and watched Sesame Street. He was less than a year old then, and in a few months, that Cookie Monster became his favorite muppet friend. The way the Cookie Monster crushed and crumbled cookies as he ate them made him laugh a lot.

I don't know what made Cookie Monster his favorite. Was it this muppet's distinctive voice, his way of speaking or his declaration of "Me want cookie" or his googly eyes or was it his voracious appetite for cookies, who knew! My son used to sing that song, "C is for Cookie" together with the muppet and he could say the alphabet before he even talked in three word sentences.

Then, who can ever blame the Cookie Monster, when cookies in our popular culture and in our culinary world continue to be a source of joy and comfort! As baked goods, they come in a wide variety of shapes, flavors, and textures. From the classic chocolate chip cookie to intricately decorated sugar cookies and delicate macaroons, cookies hold a special place in the hearts of many of us.

Now that I talked about cookies and made myself want some, maybe its time for me to head to the kitchen and make some apple-cinnamon cookies. *Wink*


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058629-Cookie-Monster-and-Cookies