*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058648-Unexpected-Road-Trip
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1058648 added November 2, 2023 at 6:47pm
Restrictions: None
Unexpected Road Trip
Once again, I find myself getting behind from a lack of visiting the site. Why?

Life!

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago we attended Grandparents Day and had a great time, but after we returned home, I started suffering from allergies, I thought. But, the allergy meds didn't help and it continued to get worse. I don't feel sick, but my sinuses are blocked and when I try to sleep at night, I have frequent coughing fits and haven't been getting much sleep. But, I did see my doctor and am now on antibiotics and a cortisone nasal spray and should be over this in a few days.

My wife got hearing aids a few years back, some fancy gadgets that recharge kind of like earbuds in their own case. But, the batteries have gotten to not holding the charge, so she called the place she got them from and was informed that they needed new batteries, and to bring them in. We have moved since then, so we had a three-hour drive to bring them in, but it worked out nice since it was also on Grandparents Day and our grandaughter lives about twenty miles away from the ear clinic.

The plan was, to drop off the hearing aids to have the batteries changed, attend the festivities, and then pick them up after. But when she dropped them off, she was informed that they couldn't change the batteries there, they had to send them off someplace and it would take a week or two to get them back, and she wouldn't get the same set back, she would get a pair that had been refurbished a new charging case and have to have the fitted and adjusted. We left them and did our thing, but after we got home we found out that her insurance wouldn't pay for this and the final cost would be about $1200.00. She called the ear clinic and told them not to fix them and just mail them back to us. No problem, except it would cost us $50.00 to have them mailed to us.

We planned to go to our son's for Thanksgiving so we would be in the area and could pick them up. Everything was fine, until Monday, when they called and said we had to pick them up this week because they were closing that office. Yesterday, after seeing the doctor for this nasal funk, we completed the three-hour drive and got her hearing aids, stopped by to visit our son, his wife, and our two grandchildren, and then returned home.

Is it any wonder I can't seem to stay caught up with things?




© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058648-Unexpected-Road-Trip