*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060534-Max-Steals-the-Show
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1060534 added December 4, 2023 at 5:23pm
Restrictions: None
Max Steals the Show
Over a month since I made an entry here! Why? Because I've been making entries in "Pages of Pint-Sized Poetry and "Alotta Monkey Business.

Today, however, I decided to write another entry here. Why?

Jeeps, you sound like my granddaughters I visited yesterday, nine year old twins who ask why to everything.

We wanted to surprise their older sister who had a Christmas concert yesterday, so we left around ten and enjoyed an uneventful drive to South Dakota. We didn't have a lot of time to spare for stopping, so we drove over to the interstate and headed south. Once we arrived, we did stop and use a gas station's rest rooms and picked up a few snacks to hold us over until after the concert. They also had pickled asparagus, one of the things I enjoy if it's seasoned right, but don't like if it's not. It's hard to find any good brands around here, so I got a jar.

After, we took the dogs to the state park just outside of town and let them run and do their business after the long drive. There wasn't any snow, but the lake was froze over and Max, my Husky loved it. Bellah had to chase him on the ice and soon discovered that ice is slippery/ Her feet went out from under her and she kind of bowled Max over when she slid into him on her back. I laughed so hard I couldn't breath. Always entertaining those two are.

The concert was terrific; she attends a Lutheran high school so it was a traditional Christmas program.  I hadn't enjoyed a traditional Christmas concert at a school since my kids attended school. After, we drove out to  my daughter and son-in-laws for supper and had a great visit. Again the younger twin girls hd to entertain us with a little show they made up while they ate. Max decided he wanted to be in the show as well. That worked for a few minutes, but then, being a Husky, he decided to steal the show and used his rear hip to shove the singing girl out of the way.

She of course, would have none of him pushing her away, so she used her but to shove him out of her way. But, Husky's are stubborn and soon he shoved her again and took her spot. What Max wasn't aware of is the fact that young females are also very persistent, and she again butted him back out of her way. Max was not going to be outdone and for the third time gave her a shove and then proceeded to add in a good chewing out as well while she finished her song. It was an excellent show that had us all laughing and clapping.

We left about nine last night for our return trip. Heavy fog had moved in so it was a long drive almost to the North Dakota border where the fog finally thinned enough to see more than a few hundred feet. The rest of the drive home was peaceful, the two dogs were tired from all the attention and interactions of the children, so they slept, we crept along slowly in the fog, listening  to Christmas songs and talking. But, with the fog and having to drive slow, we didn't get home until one this morning.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060534-Max-Steals-the-Show