*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
8
9
10
11
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058920-More-Like-a-Great-Weekday
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1058920 added November 4, 2023 at 11:23pm
Restrictions: None
More Like a Great Weekday
More Like a Great Weekday


Earlier today at work must have been the worst Saturday that I have had when it comes to my writing, especially, for my scripts. I have had some bad days when I couldn’t get too much writing done, but I think they all have been on either a Thursday or a Friday. unfortunately, I can’t say that anymore. Today was the worst.

Forty-four single paragraphs is what I wrote earlier today at work. And that included an Establishing Shot. I usually don’t have an Establishing Shot except for at the beginning of an Act. Sometimes I do. This was one of those sometimes. Forty-four single paragraphs aren’t very good. In fact, it’s the worst I have ever done.

The same is true for the number of scenes that I got done earlier today at work too. Unfortunately, I only got thirteen scenes written today. I usually get about twenty on the weekends. But not today. Only thirteen was what I got. Needed fifteen to end this Teaser Act. Should have gotten about five more than that.

Why didn’t I get more writing done earlier today at work. There were several reasons why I didn’t get more written. A lack of concentration and a lack of tiredness was the two main reasons. But I also had a couple more: the numerous erasing and rewritings and how I was feeling. Mostly, it was because of my tiredness.

I don’t know why I felt so tired earlier today at work. It’s not because of how much sleep I didn’t get the day before. It was a great amount of sleep. But it was enough. At least it should have been enough. It wasn’t. all night I had to fight to stay awake. I never went to sleep, nodded off, or took a nap. But I came close several times.

That almost constant tiredness was a big factor in the other things that slowed me down when it came to my writing. A lack of concentration was my second biggest problem earlier today at work. I had a whole lot of trouble concentrating. As a result, I didn’t get as much writing done as I should have gotten done.

The number of erasing and rewritings that I did was also the result of my tiredness and lack of concentration. Sometimes it was just a misspelling of a word. And sometimes it was a whole word, sentence, or paragraph. Luckily, it was usually a word. But sometimes it was a word or two more than that.

How I was feeling was also a big factor in why I only got forty-four single paragraphs and thirteen scenes written earlier today at work. I was feeling terrible. Between the weather and that I probably have a cold, is why I didn’t get more writing done earlier today at work. Hopefully, I can do a whole lot better tomorrow at work.

After the last few days, I’m not going to count on anything until it happens. Of course, I want to do a whole lot better tomorrow than I have the last three days. But because of the last three days, I don’t think that’s going to happen. Hopefully, I can do a whole lot better tomorrow than I did today. That shouldn’t be hard to do.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058920-More-Like-a-Great-Weekday