*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058938-On-the-Podium
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1058938 added November 5, 2023 at 9:10am
Restrictions: None
On the Podium
Prompt:
Here's your opportunity to get up on the podium for your good friend Tom. He's a turkey and he's asked you to save his life by speaking up for him at the town meeting. What do you want to say on his behalf? And what would you offer as a replacement for Tom Turkey at Thanksgiving dinner. Have fun!


------------

*Laugh*

Dear Friends and Fellow Humans,

I stand before you today to represent Tom, a humble Thanksgiving turkey, and I am pleading for his life. I implore you to consider the ethical and compassionate choice of sparing Tom from your Thanksgiving dinner table.

Tom is just one individual in a world filled with countless creatures, each with a life, feelings, and a desire to live. He too has a family and friends who care for him. He has experienced moments of joy and curiosity, and like all living beings, he possesses an innate instinct to survive.

Thanksgiving is a time when we the people gather to express gratitude for the blessings in our lives. It's a celebration of abundance, family, and friendship. In the spirit of this holiday, I urge you to reflect upon the values of compassion, empathy, and kindness, and spare Tom from his untimely death.

I understand that tradition can be a powerful force, and it's not easy to break free from established customs. However, traditions can evolve and adapt to our growing understanding of the world. This Thanksgiving, I beseech you to set a new tradition, one that values the sanctity of life and chooses to celebrate with compassion.

Please, consider sparing Tom's life and making a difference this Thanksgiving. Choose a meal that embodies the spirit of gratitude, empathy, and kindness. Together, we can create a brighter and more compassionate world for all.

With heartfelt hope and gratitude, I thank you for listening to me.

Before I go, I'm offering you a list of other food options for Thanksgiving:

*Bullet* Tofurkey or Vegetarian/Vegan Roast: These products are designed to mimic the taste and texture of turkey without using any animal products

*Bullet* Butternut squash, portobello mushrooms, or lentils.

*Bullet* Stuffed Peppers

*Bullet* And if you have to have meat: Seafood or other meat alternatives such as the meat taken from an already slaughtered larger animal like pork and beef.

Thank you again for considering to save a beautiful life, the life of our friend, Tom.

.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058938-On-the-Podium