*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059018-3000-per-hour
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1059018 added November 6, 2023 at 9:58am
Restrictions: None
3000 per hour?
Prompt: Time and Thoughts
"In one hour, A person thinks about 3000 thoughts."
--Tad James
I'm guessing some of those thoughts are the ones that pop up on their own into our minds. What do you think about Tad James's claim and which kinds of thoughts pop up in your mind? Also, is your mind so active that it tires you?


-----------

In our fast-paced, modern society, it can be challenging to fully deal with and understand the multitude of thoughts that pass through our minds each day, but then, who knew how many thoughts the cavemen had per hour while trying to stay alive in the earlier harsh environment of this planet?

As of our time, in our fast-paced, modern society, it can be challenging to fully engage with and understand the multitude of thoughts that pass through our minds each day. Was it always like this since the dawn of civilization or is this thought activity a reflection of our complex inner worlds?

Then, I don't know how they could measure the 3000 thoughts per hour bit, but probably, it had something to do with the brain scans. It may just be that the sheer volume of thoughts that go through the human mind each hour is a testament to our incredible cognitive capabilities.

Frankly before I read about this finding, I never knew the amount of stuff (sometimes garbage) that flows through our minds. My belief is at least some of those 3000 thoughts keep happening subconsciously because I'm no genius to handle 3000 thoughts per hour, in reality.

As to the kind of thoughts that pop up in my mind, everything is a reminder for something else that may have to do even minutely with me. Case in point, all the photos and artwork on the walls of the house; as soon as my eye catches one of them, they immediately remind me of a person or event or whatever else is related to that picture. Plus, everything else around may act as a reminder, too. Someone's vintage car may remind of my first car, for example, and usually, such a thought comes in a flash.

Sometimes, no reminders are needed. Thoughts just appear without any invitation.

The stuff I don't want to recall may show up also, and I have no control over them. Luckily, I learned about a valuable tool. When something sad or disturbing pops up, I consciously and forcefully replace it with a happy idea or memory. This isn't easy and it takes a lot of practice, but it has been working for me.

Does my mind tire me? I don't think so. If I had only the negatives and worries in it, it would tire me, for sure. But I learned (and am still learning) about dealing with hurtful and tiresome negatives, and I even like most of my thoughts that pop up unannounced. This is because, in the long run, our thoughts allow us to make the most of our inner world and the countless ideas our minds produce.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059018-3000-per-hour