*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059247-Declaration
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1059247 added November 10, 2023 at 10:00am
Restrictions: None
Declaration
Arrgh! I suck at writing romance. But I used all the songs, I think.

----------------

Prompt:
Use at least five of these Soft Rock Ballads titles in your entry: *I Want to Know What Love Is, Always Somewhere, How Can I Tell Her, Everything I Own, Against All Odds, Where Are You Now, Beautiful Day, Honestly, Sacrifice, It's My Life, Have I Told You Lately, or Never Say Goodbye

----------------

Alex stood in front of Emily's house, his heart pounding with a mix of nerves and anticipation. Then, he smiled, thinking of the love songs such as, "I Want to Know What Love Is" and "Have I Told You Lately."

Alex and Emily were friends since they were small children but lately, something had changed between them, something beyond friendship. "How can I tell her?" he wondered, but he knew he had to try.

Against all odds, with the weather turning into a beautiful day, the sun broke through the clouds as he knocked on Emily's door. What if she wasn't home as Emily was always somewhere?

Where are you now, Alex thought as he waited. Emily, however, opened the door with a huge grin on her face and asked him to step inside the house.

Alex stumbled a little with his foot catching the edge of the rug as he entered into the living room, but seeing her smile and feeling encouraged, he began to speak. Emily listened intently, her expression a mix of surprise and curiosity, and Alex thought, "Everything I own, honestly, I'd sacrifice it all up for a chance, now."

After a moment of gazing into Alex's eyes, Emily smiled. "*It's my life, too" she said, "and I've been feeling the same way." Alex took a deep breath, and suddenly, he felt an overwhelming sense of joy as if he could fly.

Right there and then, while in a lovers' embrace, Alex and Emily made a pact to never say goodbye, with both looking forward to their life together which would surely turn into a harmonious melody, echoing some timeless tunes.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059247-Declaration