*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059198-Cold-November-Rain
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1059198 added November 9, 2023 at 11:00am
Restrictions: None
Cold November Rain
Prompt:
Cold November Rain. Write about your experience with the cold November rain or the song by Guns and Roses or both for your Blog entry today.


----------

As to the song, it sounds as if it's whimpering around the love-gone-cold idea. True love, in my opinion, never goes cold. Having said that, I think I'll concentrate on the idea of rain in November.

Where I live, we don't have cold November rains. If anything they are lukewarm but still very helpful to ease the heat. According to the weathercasters, we'll get a cold front during the coming days when the temps at night will dip to 60s. But I lived in the up-north climate for many years and I can well relate to a northern USA's November rain.

As a symbol, "Cold November Rain" evokes a sense of nostalgia and melancholy, as it may be the go-between from the vibrant hues of autumn to the stark white of winter with its chill in the air, marking the end of the year in view and serving as a reminder for the passage of time.

Raindrops like icy whispers tapping against the window pane, the gray clouds and the reflections of a mosaic of muted colors on the ground, and the mostly bare tree branches against the overcast sky, with silhouettes stark and haunting, try to wash away the remnants of the passing year.

Then, there is that certain quietude that comes with a cold November rain. It reminds us it's time for introspection, for cozying up with a good book, for sipping on hot tea, and for reflecting on the year that has passed, hopefully to find peace within ourselves, no matter what this mixed-up world presents to us.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059198-Cold-November-Rain