*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059518-True-Success
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1059518 added November 15, 2023 at 9:29am
Restrictions: None
True Success
Prompt:
"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wish bone, a back bone and a funny bone."
Reba McIntire
Write about this in your Blog entry today.


------------------

The definition of success can be different for each person. I am guessing, in the quote by Reba McIntire, she was referring to what she herself considers as success, possibly in the music business.

Of all the so-called bones she talks about, I like the funny bone the most because the funny bone or a sense of humor allows one to remain flexible and adaptable, and not to take oneself too seriously. This is because success, however you define it, could be-- not about achieving any one goal or many goals--but enjoying the journey of life in its entirety and as a human being.

Then, a backbone, regardless of how one views success, is essential to stand the difficulties in life because that backbone is our inner strength and it represents determination, resilience, and courage. It is this backbone that allows human beings to stand firm in the face of adversity and to keep pushing forward.

A wish bone, however, is only a symbol as it symbolizes dreams, aspirations, and ambitions. It is only useful for giving a person a target to aim at. I'm not too keen on this wish bone thing since a wish alone means nothing. Yes, it could be a starting point, a spark that ignites ambition and hard work. In itself alone, a wish is only a wish. "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride!" Why focus on wishing alone when life is only transitory, although we don't feel its fleeting quality while we live it!

As far as our lives are concerned, even our accomplishments and so-called successes mean nothing on their own at the end, unless we live as human beings respectful of one another and wanting the best not only for ourselves but everyone else. To me, that is the true success.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059518-True-Success