*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059558-November-15-2023
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #2299971
My journal about my conversion to Judaism.
#1059558 added November 15, 2023 at 11:50pm
Restrictions: None
November 15, 2023
Tuesday was a rally at the capital to show support for the hostages taken into Gaza and combat anti-semitism. My friend H went and sent me some pictures. I loved the photos. I was very nervous about my friends being there. Thousands of Jews gathering and being exposed is like driving through state land on opening day of hunting season. You just never know what could happen. I prayed very hard for everyone's safety and was thankful that no major events happened. What I saw live was very moving and uplifting.

My dad called tonight. Every time we talk there is an issue with my conversion. I told him today about my moving at the end of the school year. He told me to move in with him and drive to the closest shul. I then had to explain to him why we do not drive on Shabbat. Though he understood the reasons, that caused him to circle back to the Pentecost, the New Covenant, the King James Bible, the Holy Spirit, and, of course, Jesus. Again, because he knew I wasn't going to concede, he finally dropped it and we were able to move on to another subject.

I know I'm going to have to defend my decision and lifestyle for a few years or more, especially to my family. I'm still looking forward to the time that it is not a major focus of every conversation. Even though it may never be accepted, I know that some day they will again see past our glaring differences and once again just love me for who I am like I do them.

© Copyright 2023 Jeanette (UN: babygirl328 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeanette has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059558-November-15-2023