*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059591-the-lost-gods-path-part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #2307118
Nano project
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1059591 added November 16, 2023 at 4:28pm
Restrictions: None
the lost god's path part 2
Damascus stood at the border of the lower and upper House of Geb, she was a grand sight, Four miles by four miles. the market was buzzing like any morning sun just rising over the sand dunes and sahjeht wearing his new robes of royal blue and silver walked by many children heading for their classes about the reptilian neighbors. As for him, he was heading for the temple for his morning prayers, he had to visit all four houses before noon because the messengers arrived with news from the other regions. The temple in the north was to Re the father of the gods, a majestic temple of granite with the decor of Atum's rise from the Nu river.

"Father who watches over us, give me strength to continue as the shadow is still spreading and the people are getting weary of the greying lands"(Yecta)

he went from there to the eastern temple of Osiris ordained with the flying chariot and a great round orb of light

"Mighty lord of resurrection I beseech thee watch over us as the shadows descend and light our way home"

the temple in the south was Anubis with scared jars on the walls,

"merciful guider of our ancestors watch our path as shadow cross it, keep us from falling to Appep"

in the west stood The lioness Bes where cats came and gone at will,

"o might eye of night shadow falls across the world I beseech thee watch our steps and guide us to the morning light, please protect us.

The jewel at the center of town lit up as the sun hit noon, and the smell of bread came from the bakery as riders came thru town from the eastern entrance as the waves from the Nile retreated showing the young Sobekians in a panic,

"easy little ones, easy. I got you"(Yecta)

"waaat woouuuld a hhhumannn kknooowww?"(young sobek eldest)

"I know more about this world than anybody else of the humans would ever, I looked over Sobek when he was ill.
After all I was there at the at the beginning of hthe universe with Atum"(yecta) as his hand went from flesh to scales just in their view, then back

"The rrrvver never doesss ths, caan yyoouu llookk nnto ttt?"(youngest Sobek)

By evening Yecta found out what could possibly block the Nile when he came to see a 7' 00" crocodile with the crown of the lower half of House of Geb.
Bes was on the shore with the scared young Sobeks, she stood at 7'00" in a gown on a knee comforting them.

"Yecta You're late, what kept you?"(Bes)

"That's Yecta, But he's human, at least I think? Were there humans here beside him?"(middle Sobek)

"The cost is clear, the next human settlement is from where he came from."(Bes)

At that comment, his flesh turned to scales, growing from 5'00" to 7'00" as a golden dragon. The Sobek's jaw dropped at their uncle's form.

"This is yecta's true form to our knowledge, now that you're here we can get started."(Bes)

The land was turning grey and trees have fallen, rocks and twisted roots blocked the water flow along with what looked like a round stone head structure with a triangular ten feet tall body with a seven-foot gap between paws. Yecta's hands glowed as he extracted the life-force from the fallen trees and transferred it into the land causing the greying to revert followed by the land turning green with plant-like reeds growing along the Nile floor. The trees crumbled as Bes slashed at them with her claws and with a mighty swing of Sobek's tail scattered across the Nile floor to be flushed by the water once the stone head could be figured out. Together they removed the stones from around the Structure and placed them five feet from each other so that when the water returned the tops could be used by birds. Each took their hands and waved it in front of the archway and nothing occurred till Yecta's hand glowed causing the archway to fill in and a distant world came into view, it was a red dusty colour and some sort of fire creatures walking around a beach with red waters holes were every, walking away the image faded out.

"The mortals are not ready for this"(Bes)

Yecta reached his claw out and extracted life fore from a nearby rock crystalizing it and putting it at the center.

"There now put your energy into this and let us make it so we gods can summon this."(Yecta)

then they dug around the structure and moved out of the way as water poured past them and the Nile flowed again the old man smiled to himself as the Sobeks swam and splashed each other before taking the long road home.
May moons passed as Damascus grew around the Sobeks and the humans got to meet the kids of a god.
Upon the eve of the River tide dance 15 new teachers left for other makeshift camps by nomads to teach them and all those who turned 25 and became scribes turned into teachers, a messenger came into town with an urgent tone in his voice but was shot down by arrows, Sahjeht was ready for them, this time the chaos would not claim the city.

"YOU WON'T TAKE DAMASCUS"(angry Yecta)

but before he could act a squad of Sobeks surrounded him and called for their father to take the old man(their uncle) to safety

"No uncle, you are a life-giver we won't let you tarnish that repp...."...

they fell silent with spears in their chests and the light around Yecta turned dark.

"RISE AZUKA AND SHOW THEM THE PUNISHMENT FOR KILLING THE INNOCENT"(wrathful Yecta)

Mysterious voice
So then you were right about your brother having an affect on the universe, and then the Demascus event broke your faith. Why didn't Anubis let you dispach them from there? You could have finished them off and saved that town.

Yecta
I see why he did what he did, I was about to use the power of life to kill, the power of a god not a mortal. Then I would have been no better the Drakien.

Mysterious voice
Then what would you have done, you were never mortal. You were never just a god.

Yecta
Your right, i got to start seeing that. I'm a being of the spirit of Life, but how do I do that from the eyes of a mortal so I'm not overwhelming them?

Gabriel
Now you see the path fowrard lost god, hold strong to your beliefs. As a teacher you done well.
© Copyright 2023 azrael2915 (UN: azrael2915 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
azrael2915 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059591-the-lost-gods-path-part-2