*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059619-I-Love-to-Write-Day
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1059619 added November 17, 2023 at 2:42am
Restrictions: None
I Love to Write Day
"I Love To Write Day" was apparently on November 15th, and it made me question whether I actually do love writing. I definitely like having written something, but do I enjoy the actual process of coming up with an idea, getting it down on paper (or computer), revising it... revising it again... and getting it from concept through execution and into publication (or other distribution).

I think the answer is still 'yes,' although it's definitely been hard lately.

Other than my entries for "Twenty-three in Eleven , I haven't written much this year. It's actually been a long time since I've really focused on my writing, more than just a short story or a blog entry or a poem here or there. I'm definitely out of the writing habit, and I suppose that makes it difficult to figure out if it's something that I'm still in love with, at least to the extent it applies to the longer-form writing that I aspire to do one day (screenplays, novels, etc.).

I definitely love the feeling of finishing a piece of writing and having something I can look back on and be proud of. And I love the process of coming up with ideas and exploring and developing them. It's just the whole "actually go from concept to finished product" that's so challenging *Laugh*

© Copyright 2023 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059619-I-Love-to-Write-Day