*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059632-Floppy-Disk
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1059632 added November 17, 2023 at 9:38pm
Restrictions: None
Floppy Disk
Prompt:
Let's have fun with these eight random words: miserable, wording, romantic, study, disk, debated, steak, consensus.


-----

Some people study hard just to turn a simple conversation into a heated discussion, as in the linguistics professor Dr. Jim Wording's case, who always debated the most trivial matters, especially on syntax and word origins.

One day, while Dr. Wording was engrossed in his examination of an antique word's origins, he received an unexpected visit from his eccentric neighbor, Prudence. Prudence, who was an absurdly romantic person and had eyes for Dr. Jim Wording, brandished an old floppy disk in front of his face, saying, "Jim, dear, I found this in my attic and, believe me, you will be interested!"

Jim Wording, although feeling miserable for being interrupted from his studies, nodded in agreement. What Prudence dangled in front of his eyes could be a relic containing unheard mysteries of linguistics. Then, wasn't Prudence herself someone good to look at!

As the two wondered whether the disk held secrets of a bygone era or if it was just a relic of obsolete storage, they realized they needed a consensus. And for that consensus, they decided to invite their knowledgeable friends to a steak dinner and ask for their input on the subject.

Yet, during the preparation of the steak, the group's discussion led to the idea whether a perfectly cooked steak could bring about a world peace. On that note, they raised their glasses to the power of steak diplomacy and only then, decided that the floppy disk was a relic and possibly a technological mystery, and unlike a good steak, it should be left alone, like this tall tale.

So much for those floppy disks in our attics, wouldn't you say!


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059632-Floppy-Disk