*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059686-The-Prince-of-the-Rainforest
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1059686 added November 18, 2023 at 10:26am
Restrictions: None
The Prince of the Rainforest
Prompt:
On this day in1865 Mark Twain publishes the short story "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" in The New York Saturday Press.
Here's your opportunity to write a short story about a frog. If you're not feeling creative share with us what you know about frogs.


----------

The Prince of the Rainforest


Freddie the frog lived in the heart of the Amazon Rainforest. Freddie was not your average frog. Unlike other green frogs, Freddie was purple with eyes as golden as the sun. Plus, he had a small bump on his head like a crown. Yet, what set apart Freddie from all other frogs was not his looks but his unusual ability.

Freddie did not only croak like other frogs, but Freddie could sing, and he sang almost like Plácido Domingo. His songs were so operatic and so captivating that they drew the attention of all the creatures in the rainforest who would pause their routines to listen to Freddie's mesmerizing melodies.

One day, a renowned music producer--who was piranha fishing on the Amazon river--heard Freddie's singing. Intrigued, he ventured further into the rainforest to witness and maybe discover this new singer who could switch from a tenor to a baritone, just like Placido Domingo.

As Freddie continued with his daily performance, the music producer was astounded. Freddie had such a unique and beautiful voice with such a range! The producer knew immediately that the world needed to hear Freddie's songs.

With the help of the local tribes, the music producer set up a live stream from the rainforest directly to the internet. Freddie's singing was broadcasted across the globe, touching the hearts of millions. He became a sensation overnight as his music united people in a way no one could have imagined...ever! Thus, almost immediately, Freddie was given the title of "The Prince of the Rainforest."

Despite all this name and fame, Freddie remained where he was, as himself, and he continued to sing for his friends in the rainforest, his music spreading love and joy, and proving again and again that an unusual ability can bring the world closer, and that beauty and talent can be found in the most unexpected places.

.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059686-The-Prince-of-the-Rainforest