*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059683-Movie-Reviews-The-Marvelous-Hangovers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1910923
Looks like I may have a ton of these, so this is collection 1 of Reflections
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1059683 added November 18, 2023 at 9:07am
Restrictions: None
Movie Reviews: The Marvelous Hangovers
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_marvels

This was so freaking fun. In the vein of Thor Ragnarok, it was weird as heck, but I loved it. Kamala's enthusiasm is infective, Rambo is the audience (this is cool but wtf is going on?), and Marvel's just constantly trying to stay in control and keep it together; very relatable.
I get people are fatigued w/ Marvel, this release came at a bad time (writer's and actor's strikes so minimal marketing), and of course: misogyny. That doesn't mean this isn't a good, cute, fun romp. I would have liked more action but they did a phenomenal job on a few amazing scenes.
The villian is forgetable and could have had more nuance, but at least her motives were pure, eventhough her actions were predictable and evil.
WATCH IT! Calm down and just enjoy it. Smoke 'em if ya got 'em *Bigsmile*

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_holdovers?openLoginModal=true

I expected something in the realm of Dead Poets Society and that's exactly what I got! Giamatti is hilarious as always (makes me want to rewatch The Negotiator) and the kids were fantastic. I wish the 1 black supporting lead had more to do than grieve, but there you go. They did a great job flushing her character out some. The Xmas Eve party scene was fantastic and the visit with her sister was SORELY needed. Da'Vine Joy is a treasure in this. I can't wait to see more of her work.
I'm glad they didn't follow the 'random love interest be/c...reasons' trope toooo much. I will definitely rewatch this again and again.

© Copyright 2023 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059683-Movie-Reviews-The-Marvelous-Hangovers