*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059698-M-and-M
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1059698 added November 18, 2023 at 1:35pm
Restrictions: None
M and M
BLOGGING CIRCLE OF FRIENDS November 18th, 2023 Prompt:

On this day in 1928 Mickey and Minnie appeared in Steamboat Willie.
What fun facts do you know about Mickey or Minnie? Or write a story about Mickey and
Minnie. Have fun!
         
         
         
         
         I remember reading that Walt created his cartoon mouse and then sought his wife's approval. Wise man? Anyway, she did not like the original name for this creation. The spouse suggested the name Mickey instead of aka, almost known as, Mortimer. Sure, it's a memorable moniker and I don't recall ever meeting someone saddled with it, but really, Mortimer? That particular mouse has always been known as Mickey, not Mikey, not Melvin, not Mitchy, not Myron, not Monty, Mickey.
          I like to think of this pair of animated mice as M and M. They were the original and not a certain American rapper, Eminem.
         One humid day in the not too distant past, Mickey and Minnie sauntered through their Magic Kingdom at Disneyworld waving at the many tourists. Their never-faltering and welcoming grins were pasted on their familiar black and white faces. Not once did they dare blink. Not once did they deny an exuberant hug or a sticky kiss. Never did they stand in one spot for long. It's as if they intended to greet every person who crossed their path. Walk and wave. Walk and wave.
         The throng of perspiring Disney aficionados snapped thousands of photos with the royalty of cartoon mice. Squawking, drooling babies were thrust into their arms. Swirling dervishes laughing and avoiding the lunges of their parents dodged between and around the towering yet smiling figures. Not once did Mickey and Minnie attempt a protest.
         With his back turned Mickey failed to see the impending doom. Two boys punching and shoving each other barreled into Disney's iconic character. With a muffled yelp Mickey tumbled face-first into a bubbling fountain. He floundered. He splashed. The crowd gasped and cameras flashed.
         With one mighty heave Mickey struggled to his tottering feet and then the unthinkable happened. Mickey lost his head. It toppled at his quivering feet. The roars and cheers faded away.
         "That's not Mickey Mouse!" wailed a chorus of voices accompanied by pointing fingers.
         The imposter hung his head and muttered a most unMickey word, "Shit!"


© Copyright 2023 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059698-M-and-M