*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059784-Blanks
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1059784 added November 19, 2023 at 6:08pm
Restrictions: None
Blanks
Written for 1985857, two prompts, National Vasectomy Day and National Testosterone Awareness Day

This is a make-up entry for Nov. 17 which was both Vasectomy Day and Testosterone Awareness Day among a few others. I found this a bit odd; does anyone else find it odd that they would have both of these on the same day?

Sure, a vasectomy doesn't alter the production of testosterone in a man's system, but to have a day set aside for having one's fertility factory cut off from delivering the goods and having it on the same day set aside to create awareness of Testosterone seems a bit bizarre.

I'm wondering, did anyone celebrate the clipping of the family jewels. There's a day for anything and everything it seems, but is there some gathering of vasectomy victims members? Maybe it' something the partner's of these brave men do in honor of the sacrifice they made. They wait till he's gone and then decorates up the house and invites friends and family over to celebrate their partner's vasectomy? "Hey, I'm celebrating my husbands fifteenth anniversary of disconnecting his balls. Yeah, we're grilling Rocky Mountain Oysters on the grill and having a kind of potluck. Hell yeah we'll have beer!"

Meanwhile he and his clipped comrades are out someplace with a bonfire, naked, jumping and yelling, well aware of their testosterone levels. Male bonding I think they call it.

I don't know, maybe I've taken this a bit out of context...

A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059784-Blanks