*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059807-Most-Anticipated-Movies-of-2024
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1059807 added November 20, 2023 at 12:09am
Restrictions: None
Most Anticipated Movies of 2024
Now that the actors' and writers' strikes are over, there's been a huge push to get back into production on a lot of films and television, so I thought I'd put together a list of the movies that I'm most anticipating that are (as of now) slated to be released in the calendar year 2024. I'm going to list these in order of least to most anticipated.

Dune: Part Two. I thought the first one was a little slow, but really well made. I'm looking forward to watching this one for the amazing visuals, but I expect this will be another one where it feels a little tedious to get through.

Furiosa. Same as above. I liked Mad Max: Fury Road a lot, but perhaps not as much as some. A revisit to this world will be interesting and it's sure to be a fun time, but I'm not looking forward to it as much as some of the other movies on this list.

Bad Boys 4. Martin Lawrence and Will Smith are never not fun together in these movies, although it'll be interesting to see what this movie looks like without Michael Bay's signature directing style.

Challengers. This looks like a really interesting movie about a love triangle between a tennis player turned coach, her husband, and an up-and-coming star player. I love tennis (there aren't nearly enough sports movies set in this world!), and the character dynamics in this movie make it seem like an interesting watch.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3. I'll admit that I like this series. My kids love it, and both of the previous two films have been fun to watch. Jim Carrey does a great job as the bad guy, and James Marsden is always a charming sidekick/protagonist.

Ballerina. I haven't watched The Continental television series spinoff yet, but this is the first feature spinoff of the John Wick franchise. I've enjoyed most of the movies so far (although the last two have been a tad long), and a friend of mine created this world, so I'm always rooting for it to grow and develop into even more. It's crazy where this franchise has gone from what it was originally conceived as.

Inside Out 2. The first film was really heartfelt and insightful; I'm excited to see where they go when they introduce puberty and new emotions like Anxiety.

Lord of the Rings: The War of Rohirrim. If it's Lord of the Rings, I'm in. It's an animated prequel directed by someone who isn't Peter Jackson so I'm curious to see how it plays out, but I'm definitely here for it.

Transformers One. An animated Transformers movie about their origins? Yes please. Back to basics; Transfomers: The Movie from the 1980s is one of my all-time favorite animated movies so I can't wait to see this series return to its roots after a lot of not-very-good live action adaptations from the past twenty years or so.

Despicable Me 4. I love me some minions. This franchise has surprised me with how popular it is and, while not all of them have been as stellar as the first couple, they're always entertaining. Illumination (the animation studio behind this, Sing, this years Mario movie, and others is on a real hot streak and I'm excited to see where this installment of the franchise goes.

Borderlands. I don't know anything about this movie other than that it's based on the video game franchise which is one of my favorite games in recent years (well, the recent years in which I've played video games which aren't all that recent anymore... *Laugh*), and that's all I need to know. I'm in.

The Fall Guy. I don't know a whole lot about this movie other than the premise, which is about a stuntman who moonlights as a bounty hunter, and it's directed by David Leitch who is one of my favorite action directors of the past few years. He's a former Second Unit (stunt/action) director who started directing in his own right and has directed John Wick, Atomic Blonde, Deadpool 2, and Hobbs & Shaw, among others. It's pretty safe to assume the action sequences in this one are going to be bonkers, and that's exactly what I want out of this kind of movie.

Spider-Man Beyond the Spiderverse. This is such a great franchise, I can't wait to see where they take it next. I've seen the first film probably a dozen times (my kids love it too), and the second one I've seen only once but I'm already ready to watch it a bunch more. Hopefully the third installment lives up to the promise of the first two.

Deadpool 3. This list was never going to end any other way. Not only is it the third film in a franchise that I have loved so far, but I actually get to work on this one. Ever since Disney bought Fox, we've dreamed up ways to merge the MCU with the Fox franchise films and, other than the live-action Spider-Man films (which are co-productions with Sony), this is our first opportunity to really play with these characters in our sandbox. The company showed a bit of footage during a recent town hall meeting and if the early footage is any indication, this movie is not going to disappoint anyone who was a fan of the first two. I can honestly say that I'm really looking forward to this one, both as an employee and as a fan.

© Copyright 2023 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059807-Most-Anticipated-Movies-of-2024