*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059819-Parades
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1059819 added November 20, 2023 at 10:22am
Restrictions: None
Parades
Prompt: Thanksgiving Parade
Do you like Thanksgiving Parades, and/or what do you think of parades in general and have you had any experiences with watching or being in a parade?


----------

I like the sense of community and togetherness that events, such as parades, create in our lives. Parades also serve as bridges between generations when families get together and enjoy the spectacle and create lasting memories, whether a family member is a part of the parade or not. Especially children can be captivated by the giant balloons and floats bringing their favorite cartoon characters to view.

I have been in several parades during my school years while we marched behind a float or a person carrying the flag. Getting ready for that was not easy, I have to say. You had to march with steps in tandem like Disney's wooden soldiers, and this took long practice sessions as a group.

As to Thanksgiving parades, especially the one Macy's puts up every year, we used to watch them on TV, after or while having a late breakfast. Since my children are so grown up and have their own lives now, if I turn on the TV for the Macy's parade on Thanksgiving day, I don't feel the same wonder as when I was watching it with them. Still, I sit down and take in the scene on the screen for a while, in appreciation of tradition, gratitude, memories, and the Thanksgiving Day.

.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059819-Parades