*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059859-November-20-2023
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #2299971
My journal about my conversion to Judaism.
#1059859 added November 20, 2023 at 10:58pm
Restrictions: None
November 20, 2023
It is sometimes the little things that give us an extra spark to keep going. Little nuggets of Jewish wisdom seems to do the trick for me. That was the case today. I watched a recording of my Rabbi (because I was working during his class). I'm not sure who the guy is that does the Rambam now, but there were a couple of things he said that were really good. One is that the mitzvah of the Torah is the same from generation to generation. If there is anyone that tells you not follow it and to follow something else, they are a false prophet. Then there's little quotes from the Rebbe that are posted on Facebook.

Sometimes it takes something little to bring me back into focus. What is important to me? What is my ultimate goal? How much can I control towards reaching that goal right now? How much do I need to just trust Hashem to take care of for me because I don't doubt that he will?

I know what I need to do the next couple of days. With GZ's voice ringing in my ears, I will focus on listening to as much Hebrew, as much wisdom, as much Torah as possible so when I am surrounded by family, I can keep all the good things close to my heart and just love them. Any adversity that surfaces from them, I will be able to counter with love. Job applications and apartment hunting can have a rest for a day as I focus on my relationship with Hashem. It's time to go pray.

© Copyright 2023 Jeanette (UN: babygirl328 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeanette has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059859-November-20-2023