*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059861-NaBloPoMo20
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2296648
Left-overs piled on hot rice and mixed.
#1059861 added November 21, 2023 at 8:27am
Restrictions: None
NaBloPoMo#20
Pan gave me a make-over. And then he took photos! A couple turned out really good. It made him happy to use his camera, lights and 'mirror'. Make-up and photography cheer him up.

But... I had to beg him to come look at two places near-by. Kangaroo and Aek Udon both have rooms. 4500/6000/8000/10000 baht. Lumphini is 6500. The problem is in the details, our relationship, visa issues, rental issues. The timing sucks.

What do I want? To go to Malaysia or Cambodia for a few days. Cross by land, not fly. Rent for an additional 2 or 3 months. Basically kick the can down the road. But, I have to deal with Pannya, a landlord, Thai immigration...

I'll miss Loy Kratung... not happy.

I like local festivals but Pan seems oblivious and the expats seem disinterested and no one finds anything important enough to mention to me. The lack of enthusiasm is numbing.

TV went on the fritz. I watch BL series here in Thailand. I don't have a TV in Montana and subscriptions are expensive. I can always watch on youtube... or not watch at all.

In the series I watch I've noted how casting friends-in-real life helps build chemistry on the screen. Enemies to friends is a common plot arch.

It was crucial imho in A Tale of Thousand Stars as Mix was inexperienced. Earth wanted him as a co-star and it was near-perfect. I highly recommend it.

In "He's Coming To Me" Mes is the main character... and a ghost. It's essential to the plot. But mere adding a ghost is suspect imho. It does add something to Harry Potter though.

'Comfort Zone' A cottage, a cat, a window looking out at my garden. Traveling, however, provides movement and new experiences. I want both.

But as to semantics... 'comfort zone', 'food', 'hurricane' etc. can be defined narrowly to the point of pedantry and totally miss the larger picture.

To Lyn's a sly fox in "Nov. 19th toilet fun and quotes: I liked the food mentioned. Different foods here. I do add squash, carrots, potatoes and green papaya to my rice.

I like sweets but my go-to is anything chocolate.

I have a couple rubber duckies but no yellow-ducky stories. I grew up using an outhouse every August; but, again, no stories.

Pan just got out of the shower and "attacked" me while I was writing this comment; but, nothing to share (wish I did *Blush*).


To ♥Hooves♥ in "Mini Review of The Crown and Gilded Age (Spoilers): Not all seasons/episodes/chapters/books are equal. I really like Harry Potter Book 4 but the movie was a disaster, imho. I detested Book 5 but the movie was much better. Staunton may have been better cast as Umbridge than Queen Elizabeth.

Casting and writing can make it or break it.

The ghost device in a docudrama would bother me.

I don't have Netflick/HBO/Max/etc. so I probably will never see either.


To Sum1 in "Los Angeles, Sixth Time This Year!: I know that flexibility is a 'virtue'... I'm trying to practice that but it's hard when I'm on my own dime. Must straighten out lodging for December/January should I decide to stay here in Udon Thani. To renew my visa I may have to go to Cambodia or Malaysia... bad timing. Too bad we can't meet in LA.

Staying put is an option but it may come with a one-year lease... not what I want.

Having a home to come to is nice.

My health is iffy but no surgery in sight. I'd like to keep it that way. Neuropathy, blood pressure and liver need to be checked. I don't want meds either, but may have to face that choice.

Carpal tunnel would limit my writing... some folks would rejoice in that! Of course... there are voice programs. *Smirk2*


To Silent Majority (YCC): "These land-canes and hybrid storms and who-knows-what storms need to be tracked and garner serious warnings. Too much focus on hurricanes allows the not-so-sexy storms to get away with murder. Naming them might help because that's what people expect. Plus... the debate on what to call a storm doesn't make it any less lethal."

668 words
422

© Copyright 2023 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059861-NaBloPoMo20