*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059943-Life-is-a-Symphony
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1059943 added November 22, 2023 at 11:04am
Restrictions: None
Life is a Symphony
Prompt: "Everybody's life is a soap opera. Everybody's life is a country song, depends on who's writing it." Reba Mcintire Write about this in your Blog entry today.

-------

When I was much younger, say in my late twenties and early thirties, since I had babies and I was staying home for them, I got into watching soap operas like the Days of Our Lives, plus a couple of others. I found them to be very successful downers. In fact, if they were to be made into pills they might have been used as suicide pills for some.

As to life being a country song, I prefer it better that way, like Tim Mc Graw's Where the Green Grass Grows. This is because, no matter how bad things get for me, I like to find at least a modicum of positivity in them.

Also to me, life is more than a soap opera or a three-minute country song. I look at life as a symphony of existence, a masterful composition with grand orchestration of each moment and each experience.

In the beginning, life starts with the striking of a piano key, as a pure singular note. Later, infancy becomes a sweet prelude, setting the stage for complex harmonies. Then. with time, the composition gains depth, in crescendos of self-discovery, adding layers of complexity and turbulence against the melancholic movements with hauntingly sad minor chords.

Yet, it is within these layers that resilience ends up as a powerful counterpoint, and through all that, we transform adversity into a poignant and bittersweet melody to be followed by the brass fanfares and strings for our accomplishments and milestones. Next, in the grand finale, final notes linger, echoing the impermanence of our time on this grand stage called life.

Finally, the composition concludes with the last notes fading into silence, leaving behind a musical legacy of a masterpiece, its echoes lingering in the hearts of those who listened.

----

Note:
https://courses.lumenlearning.com/suny-musicappreciationtheory/chapter/the-class...


,

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059943-Life-is-a-Symphony