*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060093-Singing-at-Christmas
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1060093 added November 25, 2023 at 11:40am
Restrictions: None
Singing at Christmas
On this day in 1949 Gene Autry's single "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" first appears on music charts. "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer by songwriter Johnny Marks based on the 1939 story Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer published by the Montgomery Ward Company. Gene Autry's recording hit No. 1 on the U.S. charts the week of Christmas 1949.

What's your favorite Christmas song? Do you sing carols with your family?

BCOF Insignia signature dancing owl

I still know the words to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I always liked the singing cowboys when I was a kid.

I like Christmas carols. There are a couple that irritate. One I'm not so fond of is the one that enumerates the days of Christmas. Evan though I know the words to that one too. I've never been quite sure why there is a partridge in a Pear tree?

My favorite is "The Little Drummer Boy." "Shall I play for you? Ba Rump a Bump Bum, On my Drum."

I don't think anyone in my house but me and Drifter (my dog) sing. If I hit just the right note Drifter will join in. He actually tries to follow the notes as they go up or down. It is kind of cool to have a singing dog.

And you know what? I've been really busy still cleaning. I finally reached the basement, and it is the worst place in the house. I'm probably only a 1/10 of the way finished with it. It will take all winter to finish it.

Then, I decided to have family Thanksgiving at our house. I have basically ignored Christmas. Until I put up the tree this week. It isn't decorated but it is up. I haven't cooked a turkey in a while and the food all turned out great. The family gathered and we all had a good time visiting. The only cloud was my two oldest boys who still stay away.

So, now I'm going to find my Christmas carol disks and play carols this afternoon. Until I read this prompt, I had not even thought about Christmas carols. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays. Merry Christmas to all.














apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060093-Singing-at-Christmas