*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060096-Lifes-Movements
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1060096 added November 25, 2023 at 12:29pm
Restrictions: None
Life's Movements
TALK ABOUT CHILDHOOD MEMORIES: For: Blog City:

BCOF Insignia Fairy playing a flute


My Brother died this year. During the year I think in the month of June. As the years wore on, we did not get together much and the last time we talked he said he was well. Anyway, no one told me until two months later. Not cool!

I have a lot of good memories about Duane. He built me a tree house once and talked my dad into letting me use it. I spent a whole summer in it reading and watching the sky and the wind blow the branches and leaves around in the tree.

When he was in the Navy, he bought me a radio. And he gave me my first puppy. A part German Shepard, part collie. A great dog that was my side kick for a lot of years. He also talked my dad, into letting me keep a stray cat.

He pretty much looked out for me after my mom died some. When I was in first grade there was a carnival at the school, I'm not sure what they were celebrating. I was in line to get a pop when an older boy put a piece of dry ice on my leg. My brother smacked him. Dad was sure upset at my brother for fighting but I thought it was cool. We were kind of rowdy kids.

When he was on leave from the Navy I was learning to drive. He had an old car with stick shift in it. So. He was teaching me to drive it. He said, stop so I carefully brought the car to a slow halt. Making sure the clutch was used properly. So, he was not happy I had taken about 10 feet to stop the car. He told me, " When I say stop, I mean now not 10 feet down the road." The next time he said stop I dumped the clutch, slammed on the breaks, and his head struck the wind shield. I said, "Was that better?" I drove him a lot during that leave and learned to drive stick.

Just before I was married, he took the time to teach me how to cook scrambled eggs the Navy way. He said if you can cook eggs, you will never go hungry.

And when my husband was stationed in the Panama Canal Zone, he took me and my son into his home for a while until I could make arrangements to go to Panama.

He was always a force in life. Death of the body makes an empty space.

I've discovered the Christmas season is here. Snow is forcast for the weekend..

© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060096-Lifes-Movements