*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060105
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1313678
You will find Taylor Swift, women items and everything under the sun.
#1060105 added November 25, 2023 at 3:45pm
Restrictions: None
Laura Ingalls Wilder Quote About Childhood
Prompt: "Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred and we are better throughout the years for having in spirit become a child again at Christmas Time. Laura Ingalls Wilder
Write about childhood memories.

Since my father died, I have the childhood memories of driving from Washington to Indiana and asking Are We There, Yet? Dad taking me to see President Kennedy at Andrews Air Force Base and the astronauts Grissom and Young.

I remember Dad leaving for Vietnam three times and when he came home.

Christmas Time. I love getting Barbies for Christmas. Sugar Cookies, seeing Santa Claus, decorating the tree and opening gifts.

I remember fishing with Dad and he kept thinking he got a fish but it was a false alarm. He finally got a fish.

Mom and I used to shop at the stores in Maryland next to the apartments. I would buy records and Barbie Doll clothes. I would get to see fairy tale movies at the Theatre near by and watch The Beatles Movies A Hard Day's Night and Help. Mom and my friends were there 8 hours watching these movies.

I remember I didn't want to go to school because Jean Dixon said Martians were coming down to get nine year old girls with blonde hair and were going to take them to Mars. Our parents told the kids it wasn't true and we would be safe. My friends and I walked to school and kept looking for spaceships but none appeared. I was scared.

Mom, Dad and I had pillow fights when we lived in the apartments and the neighbors downstairs banged on the wall and Dad said he was going downstairs to beat up the neighbor man but didn't.

Some kids and I got in a card board box that a washing machine came in and the other kids shook it. It was like being on a fair ride.

This is just a few I have. Some good memories.


Purple Fairy Image

© Copyright 2023 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060105