*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060119-Late-Thanksgiving
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1060119 added November 25, 2023 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
Late Thanksgiving
I guess this is the last thin I'll get to for the day. We had our Thanksgiving today since my son was working on Thursday. He was supposed to come today but sent a note that it would be tomorrow. Meanwhile, the turkey was already in the oven. And my wife loaded up my plate, enough for three meals.

I was supposed to ride bike today in addition to my walk but it was cold and with a breeze so I only did the one mile walk with Kassi. She is hard to walk with. If I walk on the sidewalk, she wants to walk down the middle and not far enough ahead so I risk tripping over her. I did trip twice today and almost fell down the first time. I have a walking stick and I keep prodding her with it but she doesn't get the idea. Strange though, on the way back she always gets about 6 feet ahead. I wish she did that when going. She's also fearful of strangers, always has been, even with kids. Usually with collies, kids are like magnets. She is small though and perhaps was the runt of the litter.

Meanwhile, my cat Chatterbox isn't eating or drinking, has lost a lot of weight and I think he's going to fall asleep and not wake up. He's around 18 years old and has been getting unsteady on his feet for several weeks. I'm going day by day. He likes being petted but no purring. He tries to arch up but he's very feeble. I hope nature will be kind and let him go peacefully. I've already picked out a resting spot in the front where he liked to lay in the sun.

I watched quite a bit of the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry today. Unfortunately, the Buckeyes lost. They were higher ranked but Michigan seems to have their number. Hope springs eternal for next year. The Browns play Denver tomorrow. I think they should win but that's why they play, there are no guarantees who comes out on top in the end.

I wish this had a word count feature. I have to copy and paste it into my grammar checker to find out how many words. Since it is late and past my bedtime, this will have to be a wrap. Sorry so short.

© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060119-Late-Thanksgiving