*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060693-Focused
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1060693 added December 8, 2023 at 5:21pm
Restrictions: None
Focused!
The urge has finally struck....I've been neglecting the blog pursuing too many other interests. Today, I decided I am going to sit down and finally take writing somewhat serious. My fly fishing group has a monthly newsletter and it could be an ideal location to write short articles about our various fishing trips...possibly even add a touch of humor here and there. I'm already doing most of the photos used on the facebook page. This could be a normal progression.

Anyway, I've done a ton of reading, have plenty of reference material and I know how to do research. Now the mind is settled...

I managed to get a couple bookshelves, not quite the ones I wanted but I wasn't going to pay big $$ for furniture quality shelves, I just need something to put books on. Right now I have stacks on every flat surface to include the floor. It makes it hard to find what I'm looking for. I ran across a photography book yesterday that I'd been looking for for a couple weeks...I figured I would find it once I started putting books on shelves. Then I stood up at my table/makeshift desk and there it was, right in front of me.

One shelf is almost put together so I'm going to go finish it, start loading it and once I get a space cleared, I can set up my color laser printer (finally). Then I can get that box out of here, load a few other pieces of junk into it and tomorrow I can make a garbage run. It is also supposed to be nice weather tomorrow which means I can give the truck a good cleaning inside.

I'll be back to this in a bit....

Crap...I'm missing 4 pieces for my shelf. I saw them yesterday so I know they were in the box...when things like that happen, it means I'm missing a step or doing something wrong and need to step back and look at what I'm doing. I guess I'll have to pause and do something different for a bit...

Even worse, I got my hearing aid back from repair today...and they found a replacement for the one I lost, different color but it's above my hear and not visible. The one they found needed to be charged so I got the little charging container, opened it up...lo and behold, there was the missing hearing aid...oops! Darn...oh well...life goes on...

I did manage to find the 128gb micro-sd card I wanted to my gopro. I'm hoping to do video of fishing but I have to learn how to operate the gopro...I haven't played with one for a very long time...something else to relearn. It had a 64gb in it, I can put that in the Raspberry Pi 5 that I'm waiting for a power supply for...that will be the end of next week until it comes in...meanwhile, time to go looking for my cam locks...

Found the camlocks. The package had fallen into a box. Whether I knocked it down or Kami, doesn't matter, I found them. All I have left is tack on the back. I want to make sure it is square and I'm not finding my square clamps. I checked Lowes online and they were $20 each. I need at least 2, 4 even better. Harbor Freight has them for $3.99 each so I'll head there in the morning. It means I won't get the shelf done which means I can't get the books moved so the color laser won't be set up today. Another day isn't a big deal.

Now I'm trying to find somewhere that shows the stages of the various flies for fly fishing...whether there are multiple physical forms or simply nymph or adult which it appears the stone fly fits. I'd like to find actual photographs...but, never know, if I find some, I may have to get my macro lens and take my own photos. That could be pretty cool.

They gave me a new hearing aid for my left ear since I thought I had lost it, turns out it was in the case that they charge in. Oops. This one does not seem to want to connect to my phone. Since I found the original, I'll give it a try but it needs to be charged first. Well, if I connect it, then the right won't show up...so, back to the new one. It is working, I just can't control it...it's not overbearing so I'll leave it alone. And on the 26th I should be getting a new set...I've gone over a month without so less than 3 more weeks, not a big deal.

Ah ha, persistence. It finally connected. Life is good. I was hoping to crank out a thousand words but I'm just short of 800. It will have to do for today...

That's a wrap!






© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060693-Focused