*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060157-Christmas-Music-and-Bells
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1060157 added November 26, 2023 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
Christmas Music and Bells
Prompt: Use these lyrics to inspire your entry today: Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? In the lane, snow is glistening. A beautiful sight. We're happy tonight. Walking in a winter wonderland. Have fun! Blog City

BCOF Insignia signature dancing owl


I like Sleigh bells. It would surprise me to hear them outside on a snowy day. We are expecting snow tonight and Monday.

I have a sleigh bell attached to my back door. The bell is about 2 inches in diameter and attached to a heavy piece of leather. The leather is attached to a clip so the bell could be clipped onto the harness the pony wore when pulling our cart.

I actually found it in the old barn that was on my property when I was a child. My dad owned the property then. Dad lived here and grew up here when it was a working farm. They did not have tractors then they farmed the fields and went to town in a wagon drawn by large work horses. Dad told me he was often the one who handled the horses because his dad (my grandfather} thought dad had a talent with the horses.

I hung the bell on the back door so I would know when it opened if I was working in the kitchen. It is also a good ornament. When I first found it, I took the time to clean the leather and soak it in a leather renew product.

There was also a side saddle in the barn at that time. Dad told me it was Grandma's when she was a girl. After I finished renewing the leather on the saddle, I rode in it a few times. It was an interesting way to sit a horse. Although I expected to be unbalanced, I was pleasantly surprised to feel quite secure in a side saddle. Riding astride is still more secure for jumping and any unexpected types of riding action. I gave the saddle to dad and don't know what he did with it.

If we get the amount of snow, they are predicting I probably won't t want to go walking in a winter wonder land. I went to sleep last night listening to Christmas music on the Christmas music channel on Amazon. It was relaxing.

Maybe we will have a white Christmas.

© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060157-Christmas-Music-and-Bells