*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060101-Females-and-Violence
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1060101 added November 25, 2023 at 3:24pm
Restrictions: None
Females and Violence
Prompt: International day for the elimination of violence against women. For Andre the Blog Monkey's Banana Bar.

Merit Badge in The Blogging Banana Bar
[Click For More Info]

    Congratulations & Thank You   

  from       Andre      

For competing the full four weeks of the Non-Judgmental Blogging Event in January 2023. 

Please show your badge when entering the Banana Bar and join others in the  Banana Bloggers' Lounge .

 Your blogging is always welcome at  [Link To Item #1985857] .  Owl with signature



The focus on this date 11/25/2023 started in a resolution put forth in the United Nations by the Dominican Republic. The resolution was passed in, 1999. Celebrations of the day start on November 25 and last 16 days until December 10.

This year there are many rallies in many countries bringing awareness of the day and the reason for the day. People in rallies are pressing for more action to protect women. It is a fact that even though awareness that this problem is growing most countries are not using monies and laws to enhance protection of women.

A few statistics state facts like 1. 12 to 15 % of women in Europe face possible violence on a daily basis. 2. Other statistics, say, that more than 5 women or girls are killed every day Throughout the world by someone in their own family. 3. One out of every 4 women in the world will be raped in their lifetime. 4. Violence against women is one of the most prevalent human rights violations. 5. Only 1 out of 9 or 10 attacks on women are ever reported. 6. Violence against women is a major cause of ill health in women.

Major excuses for violence against women. 1. The Bible says you have to obey everything I say because we are married. 2.I'm experimenting on you. 3. Only males go to heaven. (This was told to me personally) 4. Feminism is lording it over males. People should be aware of the fact that women who keep pets are often targeted. Even their children or pet could be punished as a part of the violence against a woman.

I really believe females should help females against this type of ignorance. Not always the case sometimes women will actually step away from someone who is being abused, perhaps in a need to protect their own selves from the abuser. Personally, over the course of 78 years I have experienced psychological abuse, and physical abuse of different kinds. The worst problems occur when there is no one else to turn to or to whom you can tell your story.

I have heard of a story about a woman who was being abused. She became enraged and attacked the abuser with a knife. He called the police. She went to jail.

I also believe the church is partly to blame. They preach to the females more than they preach to the males. It's a well-known fact we live in a male dominated society. Lower pay for females for the same job a male is doing is still a problem in our society.

Inaccurate reading comprehension in scripture puts balances in favor of males over females.

I've run out of time and information. The few references I have in the above article came from my own life experiences, an article released in 1994 by the World Bank, and an article from History.com. This is such a large subject. It is the kind of subject my journalism professor would have said break it up and do several articles hitting a different part in each article.

I know in the 1980's laws were being passed to help women have some way to gain help in the USA. More needs to be done. Accent on this day 11/25 any year helps.





© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060101-Females-and-Violence