*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
8
9
10
11
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060180-Not-a-Good-Sunday-for-Writing
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1060180 added November 26, 2023 at 10:46pm
Restrictions: None
Not a Good Sunday for Writing
Not a Good Sunday for Writing


Unfortunately, I only got fifty-two single paragraphs and seventeen scenes written earlier today at work for Episode Three, Floating Weapons, for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. But that doesn’t add up, though. I don’t know where I messed up, but I have.

Two of those seventeen scenes were fives and tens. So, they were four single paragraphs long. Another five or ten was five single paragraphs long. That leaves fourteen scenes with three paragraphs each. Add them all up and I get fifty-five single paragraphs that I got written today instead of fifty-two.

I don’t know how that happened. But I must have missed three single paragraphs somehow. It doesn’t really matter all that much whether it’s fifty-two or fifty-five. All that does matter is that I didn’t get as much writing done as I normally do on a Sunday.

Usually, I get a few more single paragraphs and at least one more scene written on a Sunday than I did on the Saturday that weekend. That wasn’t what happened earlier today at work. There are several reasons why that didn’t happen. And they are all related to work. Not all of them are related to work, though. Just most of them are.

One of the reasons is it’s a new Episode. And I have a lot of problems when it comes to starting a new Episode or Part. I always have trouble getting started with a new Episode or Part. I know what I want to write. But sometimes I don’t know how to write it.

I did that a lot earlier today at work. It wasn’t a lack of concentration, though. That’s what it usually is when it comes to my writing. But it’s a form of it. I had problems with concentration because I knew what I wanted to write. Only I didn’t know how to do it. Especially, when it comes to the opening paragraph in a scene.

Sometimes it’s a lack of sleep. Particularly on a Sunday. After all, I only get about six hours of sleep on Saturday because I work a twelve-hour shift on the weekends. The rest of the week I can get about seven or eight hours of sleep. But I can’t do that on a Saturday.

Today it wasn’t a lack of sleep either. I didn’t get that much sleep on Saturday. But it was enough for me to work today. So, if it wasn’t a lack of sleep or concentration, then what was it. Like I wrote above, there were several reason why I didn’t get more writing done today. The main reason was the weather we had today.

It was only supposed to be about an inch of snow today. That inch turned out to be five or six inches. Normally, that wouldn’t be a problem. After all, I’m already at work. But it was because of the maintenance workers who came in to do the shoveling and the plowing. They have their own keys, but I had to keep letting them in and out.

I also had a little bit of drama at the beginning of my shift. One of the doors was left open on Saturday. Not only did I have to close and lock it, but I also had to write it down in my Daily Activity Report aka DAR. As a result, I lot another half hour of writing time because of work.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060180-Not-a-Good-Sunday-for-Writing