*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060226-Head-Block-or-Blockhead
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1060226 added November 27, 2023 at 9:17pm
Restrictions: None
Head Block or Blockhead?
Written for "Invalid Item, Saturday, November 25. None of the prompts inspired me so this item is on being uninspired.

I have been struggling with inspiration for most of the month. Why?

Part of it is just being so busy with little things throughout the day that it prevents me from letting my mind go to that sacred place where inspiration resides. When I write I turn inwards, which makes sense since I'm introverted. But I can't stay there long when there are constant disruptions and distractions.

Another part is the stress of the gray clouds that have hung over us since last spring when everything turned upside down and inside out. We were supposed to have one last court hearing to finally settle everything, but it was postponed until next month since my lawyer is out of the country. I believe that once that hearing is over and everything is final, both my wife and I can pick up the pieces and start moving on again, but until then it's just been hectic not knowing from one day to the next where things were going.

It helped a great deal to pack up the dogs and travel to our son's for Thanksgiving, but I went and got behind on my sleep and that also makes inspiration spotty. But, on the bright side, I got a good night's sleep last night, even though I woke at four this morning. I'm tired now as a result, but am hoping for another night of deep sleep and waking rested tomorrow morning.

I call it writer's block, and there are those who say there's no such thing, but when inspiration won't come for whatever reason, that's writer's block to me. Maybe I'm even a bit gun shy, it's been a long time since I've been able to escape into my writing and sometimes I think I'm just afraid to let myself go for fear of someone interrupting and pulling me back from wherever it is I go when I write.

Whatever it is, it's time for it to end and time to start writing some stories again.

A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.



A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060226-Head-Block-or-Blockhead