*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060251-This-Holiday-Season
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1060251 added November 28, 2023 at 10:46am
Restrictions: None
This Holiday Season
Prompt: Do the holiday seasons make you feel more connected to all the people on earth or less? In what ways and why?

---------

As far as I am concerned, the holiday season has no effect for the way I feel toward anyone or everyone. I like most anyone and I don't hate any one soul.

Yet, I so wish this or any other holiday season or any human endeavor could bring about unity and good will, in addition to shared values, cross-cultural interactions, technological connectivity, and acts of kindness, in our world. And I so hope this year's holiday season will be the time to start watching all nations' well-being, their people's happiness, and the many positive ways they handle their struggles or joys now and throughout their lives.

The pluses of a holiday season is that it tries to create a common ground that encourages a sense of togetherness by involving people in cultural and religious celebrations. One general reason for this togetherness, if possible, is the universality of themes such as love, peace, generosity, and gratitude.

Also, the exchange of greetings, traditions, and stories allows individuals to gain insights into the richness of human culture. This cross-cultural interaction helps break down barriers and fosters a sense of understanding and respect. Charitable activities and acts of kindness also peak during the holiday season, further emphasizing the spirit of global connection.

On the other hand, the holiday season can also bring some negative experiences and challenges to people and groups. For those people who live alone or who are away from home or who have recently experienced a loss of a loved one or who are separated from family through misunderstandings, this emphasis on togetherness can heighten their feelings of sadness or loneliness.

In addition, when the holidays bring people together, contrary to the idealized image of harmonious family gatherings, conflicts may arise due to differing expectations, the pressure to conform, unresolved issues, or the stress of coordinating and hosting events and dinners, in addition to the financial stress and pressure of exchanging gifts and similar activities. These, in turn, may even lead to or make worse those mental health issues such as burnout, anxiety, and depression.

It's important to recognize and address these negative aspects of the holiday season to foster a more inclusive and supportive environment for individuals who may be struggling during this time. This way, the holiday season can become a unique and powerful bond for connecting people worldwide in a spirit of joy, warmth, and shared celebration. And I so hope and pray that this may be done very soon.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060251-This-Holiday-Season