*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060424-Zionist-or-Jew
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#1060424 added December 2, 2023 at 12:29am
Restrictions: None
Zionist or Jew?
Zionist or Jew?
2.desember.2023

Not the same. "Judaism is a religion and a cultural identity, while Zionism is a political ideology focused on Jewish nationalism and statehood." Many American Jews are not Zionists.

In my opinion, Israel has a right to exist... but so does Taiwan, Kosovo, Gaza, Palestine. Becoming a single-religion theocracy instead of a refuge is not a right that was granted in any accords (that I know of).

American support for some theocracies while waging war on others is dangerous. This is not the way to peace.

Americans are notoriously ignorant of geographical-historical-linguistic politics. So, my answer to s in "Note: Genuine question from someone as removed from this..."

What is the meaning of Semite? A member of any of a number of peoples of ancient southwestern Asia including the Akkadians, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs. That definition includes the Palestinians; but not according to common American usage.

1. In the USA there's White Man's Guilt over the massacre of the Jews. Israel = Jewish State and therefore can do no wrong.
2. Many American Christians are OT Christians and basically believe in Psalm 137:9. Bash those babies! Because? God said so! Read Esther.
3. Xenophobia, pure and simple. They can't hate the Jews but other Semites are fair game. They may even know a Jew! Palestinian? Not likely.
4. In a "Black and White Garden of Good and Evil" Islam is a rival of Christianity and therefore evil. So are Hindus, Buddhists, Witches, et cetera.
5. USA may very well become the CMTA = Christian Military Theocracy of Amerikkka in an uneasy alliance with other autocratic single-religion theocracies.

But, before everyone gets defensive and jumps on me, write a defense of your own belief system. Ask yourself whether it's anti-Islam, anti-Arab, anti-multiculturalism, anti-globalism, anti-intellectual, anti-nature, anti... Okay for Jews and Muslims to fight a war as long as you made popcorn?


Anyone dare to comment?

1184

© Copyright 2023 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060424-Zionist-or-Jew