*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060464-Banana-Rum-Cake
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1060464 added December 2, 2023 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
Banana Rum Cake?
I stopped by "Invalid Item for a banana margarita this afternoon to see how trashed out the place was after all the November blogging and Andre offered me a chunk (he didn't cut it, he just used his hand and broke a chunk off) of his homemade banana rum cake. I'll say this, it was interesting!

He used a cake mix, SpillsFurry Yellow Premium, but instead of water, he uses his banana rum. He also slices up bananas and lines the bottom of the pan. For frosting it's a mashed up mix of bananas, butter, and powdered sugar. It was a bit rich for me, but I appreciated his offering it.

He had cleaned the bar up pretty well and was well into decorating for Christmas; he had tinsel hanging from most of his body and a big pile of tangled Christmas lights on the bar that he was working through to find the bad bulb that stopped all the others from working.

I asked him, "Do you have any plans for a December or Christmas blogging challenge?"

He shook his head in that cute monkey way and said, "I'm not sure, it depends on what the staff comes up with for ideas." He picked at his nose and wiped his finger under the stool he was on, then added, "Do you know where a primate can find a string of yellow, banana shaped Christmas lights?"

I shook my head and choked down another bite of cake. "Maybe I should have a fund raiser so I can buy new lights to decorate the place."

"That sounds like a grand idea, Andre."

"Yeah, I could sell tickets or something and the winner gets a bottle of banana rum, or, if it's ready, a bottle of baquila (Andre's own creation of banana infused tequila)." He reached down and scratched his butt, sniffed his finger and then broke off another chunk of cake and offered it to me.

"No thanks, I've had enough." He shrugged and ate the handful of cake, wiped his hand on my pants, and went back to his string of lights. "I'll let you know if we do a challenge or a fundraiser, or if we are just going to have everyone stop in for a Christmas party here at the bar. Watch the Newsfeed and stop in to see what develops."

I thanked him again and told him, "I'd love to stick around and have a few more drinks but I have a road trip tomorrow so I better head home."

He nodded, but was either very intent on his light project or was already drunk, it's hard to tell. I let myself out. Nice chap that Andre.



A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060464-Banana-Rum-Cake