*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060537-Dancers
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1060537 added December 4, 2023 at 5:49pm
Restrictions: None
Dancers?
The other day I stopped in at "Invalid Item and had an interesting chat with Andre. I had inquired if he planned (or had the staff plan) an event for December. He wasn't sure but said to watch for something in the Newsfeed if something did pan out.

Later, I received a message that reads: If anyone wants to apply for the job of administering a blog fest, applications are available in the bar. There's a slight filing fee that Andre usually waves (not waives). Also, you all should be blogging anyway.

I thought about doing just this, but seeing as how often I'm unable to log in and have been challenged for time, I decided it wouldn't work out very well. I know everyone, or many of you are also challenged for time, and hosting a blog challenge takes a lot of work. That's why I decided to stop by the bar and give a big thank you to the staff for hosting the challenges. They're fun and I enjoy them, but how often do we forget to thank everyone who makes the challenges possible? So, in the spirit of Christmas, I think everyone should stop by the bar and post a nice thank you for the challenges we've enjoyed through the year.

I also talked to Andre about an idea that came to me the other day after I left. Something to bring in a bigger crowd on Friday or Saturday night, maybe even both. I mentioned my idea to Andre, "Have you ever thought about installing a pole and having some erotic dancers come in?"

Andre perked right up and exclaimed, with a mouth full of peanuts that were only half chewed, "That's a terrific idea!" I brushed the wet, half chewed peanut residue from my shirt and cleaned the specks from my glasses while he ran around the bar studying it from different directions.

"I think a stage and pole would be great over here." He was jumping up and down in excitement. "I'll set it up for two nights a week, one for female dancers and one for male dancers." He scratched his butt and then wiped his fingers on a curtain. "Maybe even have both one night."

He jumped back onto his stool and pounded the bar. "What if, instead of a pole, we put in a full jungle-gym for the dancers?"

Before I could answer he jumped down and disappeared, but was soon back on his stool with a photo album in his hand. "I know some performers who may be willing to come dance." He opened the album and began showing, and naming some of them. "Hank is very talented, and Lucinda is a good dancer, and look at her legs, so long and graceful." He slammed the book shut and hopped down, "I have a lot of thinking, planning, and calling to do. Thanks for the idea."

I finished my banana-ginger beer and shook my head. I hadn't thought about Andre hiring a bunch of erotic dancing monkeys, but he's the boss! I wonder how this will pan out? Along with a Monkey who has a bar, we have Ninja monkeys, and now, possibly, stripper monkeys!



A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060537-Dancers