*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060682-Family-Time
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1060682 added December 8, 2023 at 10:20am
Restrictions: None
Family Time
Prompt:
"Of all the months of the year there is not a month one half so welcome to the young, or so full of happy associations, as the last month of the year." — Charles Dickens
Share with us about special times with your families.


-----------

I am having a special time right now, because yesterday, my older son arrived to spend time with me. I bet it will be a very special time, as it is always so with him. The key benefit of spending time with family is the opportunity for connection and communication, especially if there is mutual respect and understanding and ways and preferences in common, as with my kids and me.

When my sons and I are together we feel our sense of unity and teamwork. We learn from one another, celebrate achievements, and work through challenges.

My life started out in a big family; therefore, I appreciate family bonds very much. There were times, in our house, where we would be 40 to 50 people, and mostly sleep-overs. Luckily, we had a big enough house, and that regular interaction with family members helped me greatly throughout my later life.

In my adult life, my family life was condensed usually to my immediate family; me, my husband, and our two sons. Now in old age, I am kind of alone more, however not lonely, thanks to today's technology that lets me stay in touch with my relatives and sons quite often. Something is better than nothing, I'd say; although sometimes, I miss just being together with my cousins who are now scattered all over the world. Yet, I have enough good memories of fun times and much love for my immediate and extended family to keep me going.



© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060682-Family-Time